Tshegofatso Mabasa Shares Emotional Farewell After Nearly a Decade with Orlando Pirates




Tshegofatso Mabasa Shares Emotional Farewell After Nearly a Decade with Orlando Pirates

Former Orlando Pirates striker Tshegofatso Mabasa has issued a heartfelt statement following his departure from the club after close to ten years.

On Tuesday, the Buccaneers confirmed that they would not be extending the contracts of at least five players, with Mabasa among those released.

Known as “Sniper,” Mabasa scored an impressive 50 goals in 141 appearances for Ezimnyama Ngenkani since joining from the now-defunct Bloemfontein Celtic. His goal tally places him as the club’s second-highest all-time scorer, trailing only Benedict Vilakazi.

Mabasa is now a free agent. He spent the final six months of his Pirates career on loan at Stellenbosch FC, where he found the net five times in 17 matches.

In a post on Instagram, Mabasa wrote:

“Eight years ago, a young man walked through the doors of Rand Stadium with nothing but a dream and a hunger to succeed. Today, I leave this great institution with immense gratitude and pride. Thank you to Orlando Pirates for giving me the opportunity to be part of a club whose history and legacy will forever remain close to my heart.

“To every player, coach, staff member, and teammate I shared this journey with, thank you for the memories, friendships, and moments that will stay with me forever.

“From the 3-Peat in Durban, to the 2023/24 Golden Boot award, the back-to-back success in Mbombela, that unforgettable night in Cairo, ending the league drought, and celebrating the Club’s second-highest all-time goal scorer with my 50th goal for Orlando Pirates—these are memories I will cherish for life.

“To all the faithful Buccaneers, thank you for your unwavering love, support, and belief throughout the years. I am forever grateful.

“As I take a bow, I wish the Club and its supporters nothing but continued success. Thank you for everything.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orlando Pirates Confirm Sipho Mbule’s Departure Following Contract Expiry

Deon Hotto Shows Sympathy for Tito Maswanganyi After Dressing Room Clash with Coach Ouaddou

Ncikazi: Maswanganyi Is Emotional, But No Major Issues with Ouaddou